Office of Financial Aid

Transfer Students

Welcome to SHU!  The steps below are to assist you in the financial aid process as you transfer to SHU.

  • Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).  If a FAFSA has already been filed, update your current FAFSA online at using your 4-digit FAFSA PIN and add SHU’s school code (002632).  If you need a PIN, you may obtain one at

  • If you are a New Jersey resident, update your school choice with HESAA (Higher Education Student Assistance Authority).

  • If you are receiving a private scholarship, contact the donor of the scholarship and notify them that you will be attending SHU.

  • SHU will receive your FAFSA information after your online FAFSA has been filed (or updated) to include SHU. 

  • After you have been admitted, an Award Package will be mailed to you.

  • Accept/Deny your awards on PirateNet.  You will receive access after you have paid your tuition deposit. Check your PirateNet often for any changes to your award package.

  • Submit required financial aid documents.  Review required documents on your PirateNet account under the “my info” tab. 

  • If you will use student loans, complete the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory note at

  • Submit a Loan Adjustment Form if you were awarded freshman level loans and after transfer credit evaluation you are now considered an upperclassman.

Contact Us

Office of Financial Aid
(800) 222-7183
Bayley Hall

Sign In to PirateNet