Enjoy your Summer break!
Take a look at our upcoming fall 2016 events
- “RUMBA 2016!” Join us for our exciting gala/fundraiser when we celebrate
the remarkable legacy of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph A. Unanue and the Unanue
scholars who benefit from their generosity, as we honor individuals
whose lives and achievements inspire us all. This year our honorees are
Ms. Lillian Rodriguez Lopez, V.P. of Sustainability and Customer PAC
Support of The Coca-Cola Company, Mr. Eduardo Martinez, President and
CEO of The UPS Foundation, and Mr. Bernie Williams, New York Yankees
legend. Do not miss this unforgettable evening of cocktails, fine
dining and live music to be held on Wednesday, October 19, 2016, from
6:00pm to 11:00pm at the New York Athletic Club, at 180 Central Park
S, New York, NY 10019. Click HERE to purchase your tickets.
- “Voices: The Impact of the Latino Vote in 2016” Join us on October 5,
2016, for a panel discussion about the Impact of the Latino Vote in the
2016 Presidential election. Panelists include Anthony DePalma,
Professor, and Writer in Residence, Dr. John A. Gutierrez, Professor at
CUNY, Ray Carrera, Member of the Passaic Board of Education and Maria
Rodriguez-Gregg, New Jersey Assemblywoman.
- “Immigrants and Electoral Politics” On November 2, 2016, Dr. Heath
Brown, Public Policy professor at the John Jay College of Criminal
Justice will hold a lecture based on his new book, “Immigrants and
Electoral Politics”. This event is co-sponsored by Seton Hall
University’s Masters in Public Administration Program.
Take a look at our past events from Spring 2016:
“A Latin-American Evening” Performed by Grammy-Nominated Virtuoso, Adonis Gonzalez: On Tuesday, March 8, 2016, The Seton Hall Arts Council in collaboration with The Unanue Latino Institute brings Adonis Gonzalez, Grammy-nominated Cuban pianist, to the South Orange Performing Arts Center. Join us at SOPAC for an evening of classical Latin American favorites. Buy your tickets here.
- "Investing in the U.S. Emerging Market” A Lecture by Marketing Strategist and Investment Consultant, Andy Unanue: On Tuesday, March 15, 2016, The Unanue Latino Institute in collaboration with the W. Paul Stillman School of Business will present Mr. Andy Unanue’s lecture, “Investing in the U.S. Emerging Market” at the Jubilee Auditorium. Mr. Unanue will discuss the importance of emerging markets in the U.S.
- The 2015 U.S. Poet Laureate, Juan Felipe Herrera, visits Seton Hall: On Monday, April 11 at 6:00pm Mr. Herrera, the nation’s official poet, will read and discuss some of his unique work at the Jubilee Auditorium. Mr. Herrera is the first Latino to receive this distinction. This program will be presented in collaboration with Poetry in the Round, the English Department, Latin American and Latino/Latina Studies, and the School of Diplomacy.