Search Thousands of Entry Level Jobs, Externships,Scholarship Opportunities on CampusRN.
CampusRN has $15,000 in Scholarships Available to NursingAllied Health Students.
AAAS Mass Media ScienceEngineering Fellows Program
- For undergraduate seniors, recent graduates, and graduate/PhD students in the fields of the natural, physical, health, engineering, computer, or social sciences or mathematics. Participants serve a 10-week fellowship in a newsroom, helping to spread science knowledge to the public and enhance coverage of science-related issues in the media.
- Award: $450 weekly stipend for the duration of the program, as well as travel expenses.
- For nurses seeking to progress to the next level of certification. Applicants must have been a member of AMSN for at least one year prior to applying for scholarship.
- For juniors, seniors, or graduate students studying physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, or hearing audiology. Requires U.S. citizenship.
- Awards: Range from $500 to $6,000.
The Atlanta Mary Blake Single Parent Nursing Scholarship Contest
Barbara Jordan Health Policy Scholars Program
- For single parents (both men and women) who are U.S. citizens, pursuing a degree in nursing, and have a minimum 2.7 GPA or can show an ACT score of at least 28 or an SAT score of at least 1250. Requires a minimum 500-word essay supporting the applicant's candidacy for the scholarship.
- Award: $500
- For seniors or recent graduates who are U.S citizens. Applicants must show evidence of academic achievement and will have a strong interest in and/or experience working in or with programs that address health issues disproportionately affecting racial and ethnic minorities or underserved communities (e.g. local health departments, community health centers, inner city/rural hospitals or organizations that conduct research on or develop policy related to health or healthcare disparities). This may include previous academic work (e.g. takencourses, written papers or participate in research projects) related to health disparities. Participants work for 11 weeks over the summer in congressional offices and learn about health policy issues.
- Award: Daily expenses such as meals and transportation, transportation to and from Washington D.C., and housing costs are covered. Participants also receive a stipend upon completion of the program.
For sophomore nursing students.Criteria: Full-time, at least a 3.0 GPA, interested in pursing a career in the health industry, a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the U.S., and demonstrating financial need. Administered through the Independent Colleges of NJ.
Award: 8 awards each year of $2,500.
- Students receive a scholarship in exchange for agreeing to work for 2 years, post-graduation, in certain types of health care facilities with critical nurse shortages. Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident, enrolled in a nursing program at any degree level. Preference given to full-time undergraduate students.
- Award: Covers tuition, fees, assorted school related costs, and includes a stipend ($1,289 for the 2012-2013 school year).
College of Nursing Scholarships - Seton Hall University
- Seton Hall student in the College of Nursing. Some other requirements vary depending on scholarship.
- Award: Over $75,000 in awards, ranging from $500 - $3000.
Department of Bioethics Pre- and Post-Doctoral Fellowships
Dr. Alma S. Adams Scholarship
- Pre-doctoral fellowships are for students with an undergraduate degree who intend to pursue post-graduate work. Post-doctoral fellowships are for applicants with a PhD, MD, JD, or other advanced degree in a relevant field. Both types of fellowships are for two years and are open to international students. Fellows participate in the activities and the intellectual life of the department and study ethical issues related to conduct of research, clinical practice, genetics and health policy. For a typical fellow, this research yields multiple publications in premier academic journals. Fellows conduct their research under the guidance of senior faculty, participate in weekly bioethics seminars, case conferences, ethics consultations, IRB deliberations, and have access to multiple educational opportunities at the NIH.
- Award: A stipend for the duration of the fellowship.
- Applicant must provide evidence of community service activities in an underserved community setting. Service activities may include activism, outreach, or peer counseling in tobacco prevention or control. The community service activity should be described in the personal statement.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Award: $5,000
Graduate students in MBA, MHA, or related programs who have a strong interest in academic medical centers, financial management, and hospital operations. Must have graduated at start of program.
Award: Two year fellowship program, designed to foster insight into the dynamics of an academic medical center and health system, while allowing for development of individual interests. Fellows gain familiarity with diverse revenue cycle organizational issues throughout the health system and practical administrative experience via involvement in various projects and their rotations.
The following guide breaks down each of these school financing options, offers more than 100 scholarship listings for nursing students, and includes key advice from two experts in nursing school aid and admissions.
Seniors and graduate students interested in studying at Cambridge University. Ideal candidates will be able to show evidence of high academic achievement, leadership potential, social commitment and a good fit with Cambridge. Student must be admitted to Cambridge through normal admission procedures.
Award: 80-100 new scholarships a year enable student leaders from around the world to obtain graduate degrees in critical areas of interest at Cambridge University. Covers tuition fees, maintenance allowance, and international transportation costs.
Marcia Granucci Scholarship Fund
National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program
Nurse Corps Scholarship
- For U.S. citizens or nationals enrolled full-time in a nurse practitioner or physician assistant degree program. In return for each school year, or partial school year, of financial support received, scholarship recipients agree to provide primary health care services for one year at an NHSC-approved site located in a high-need Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). For the first school year, or partial school year, of support, there is a minimum 2-year service commitment.
- Award: Up to 4 years of tuition, school fee, and school-related costs coverage, as well as a monthly living stipend.
- Enables students accepted or enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate nursing programs, including RN to BSN, RN to MSN-NP, Direct Entry MSN-NP program to receive funding for tuition, fees and other educational costs in exchange for working at an eligible NURSE Corps site upon graduation.
- Award: Tuition and stipend
- Search dozens of nursing scholarships, discover alternative methods for funding your degree, and find financial aid opportunities.
Occupational/Physical Therapy Scholarship - Daughters of the American Revolution
- For U.S. citizens, male or female, pursuing a degree in occupational therapy (including art, music, or physical therapy). Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Award: $1,000
Resources for Nursing Students
Tylenol Future Care Scholarship
- Here are key resources, information about education, a list of places to find an internship or new job and a host of other tools that will help nursing majors through school and into their careers.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- For U.S. residents pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in nursing, public health, health education, or medicine. Applicants must have completed at least one full year of school at the time of the application, and must have at least one year remaining.
- Award: Multiple awards of up to $10,000
- Offers many scholarships for various health related fields.
- Award: Varies; website visitation recommended.
- Contact: 1-800-638-0824 for more information.
- For those attending or planning to attend school to become a physician, dentist, podiatrist, optometrist, clinical psychologist or physician assistant. Upon graduation, required to join the Navy's active duty team as a commissioned officer. See website for more specific details.
- Award: Up to 4 years of tuition and additional school costs covered, as well as a $2,060 monthly stipend.
Seniors and graduates who demonstrate an interest in health care policy as a tool for reducing racial and ethnic health disparities, and demonstrate a commitment to contributing to social justice work following their year of hands-on experience as a fellow. One fellowship per year. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Award: One-year fellowship. The Wellstone Fellow plays an integral role in the work of Families USA's Minority Health Initiatives Department. Fellows will receive a compensatory package that includes an annual salary of approximately $38,000 and excellent health care benefits.
College of Arts and Sciences
Fahy Hall Rm. 118