Nursing Administration and Executive Nurse Leadership (Online)
Seton Hall University’s College of Nursing attracts nurse leaders who are passionate about integrating leadership, business skills and knowledge within today’s integrated healthcare systems. The M.S.N. in Nursing Administration and Executive Nurse Leadership program is designed to prepare nurse leaders to lead and assume roles which drive key business administrative and clinical decisions as well as formulate healthcare policy. Graduates will learn and apply innovative and creative strategies to direct and advocate for the provision of high-quality care across the spectrum of healthcare delivery systems.
Students completing the curriculum are eligible to sit for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Nursing Administrator Examination, the Commission for Case Management Certification (CCMC) Examination and upon successful completion of all the requirements may apply and sit for the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Board of Governors Examination to advance as a Fellow.
- 100% online
- Enter fall or spring semester, part-time
- New curriculum prepares nursing administrators to lead and assume high level roles
- Program Director is former Executive Director of the NJ Board of Nursing
- Diverse faculty research initiatives
- Strong student mentorship
- Federally funded interprofessional grants
Want to Learn More?
Attend a virtual information session, during which you will receive an overview of the program, meet our faculty and ask questions. Plus, attendees receive an application fee waiver just for attending!
By the Numbers
The curriculum focus is on the evolving set of skills required in an integrated healthcare delivery system including informatics, marketing, reimbursement, risk management, negotiation, and corporate integrity. The program also provides administrative practicums which foster and support immersive experiences with nurse executives in various healthcare settings.
Part-time 3-Year Curriculum Sequence
- First Semester: 6 credits:
- NURS 6123 Theoretical Basis for Advanced Nursing Practice (3 credits)
- NURS 6224 Nursing and Health Systems Administration (3 credits)
- Second Semester: 6 credits:
- NURS 6501 Policy, Management and Economics for Population Focused Nursing (3 credits)
- NURS 7141 Research (3 credits)
- First Semester 2nd Year: 6 credits
- NURS 6124 Forces (3 credits)
- NURS 6304 Care Management, Reimbursement Systems and Corporate Integrity (3 credits)
- Second Semester 2nd Year: 6 credits
- NURS 6305 Healthcare Economics, Finance, and Business (3 credits)
- NURS 6306 Legal, Contract Negotiations and Risk Management (3 credits)
- First Semester 3rd Year: 7 credits
- NURS 9919 Nursing and Research for Evidence Based Practice (3 credits)
- NURS 7311 Leadership Development, Management of Human Resources and Marketing (4 credits)
- Second Semester 3rd Year: 4 credits
- NURS 7310 Nurse Administration, Health Systems and Organizational Complexity Practicum. (4 credits).
Total: 35 credits
Our faculty members are the backbone of the College of Nursing. They connect with other professional nurses - both nationally and internationally - to stay at the forefront of nursing practice. They actively conduct research at Seton Hall, all while working with students to help them reach their full potential.
Clinical Assistant Professor and Director for the Nursing Administration and Executive Nurse Leadership Program
About the College of Nursing
Seton Hall University's College of Nursing has a mission to educate practitioners of nursing - from baccalaureate-prepared generalists to advanced practitioners - who aspire to be innovators and leaders in the nursing profession. The college established its graduate program in 1975, its Ph.D. program in 2006 and its Doctor of Nursing Practice program in 2009. U.S. News & World Report ranks the College's graduate nursing programs among the top nursing programs nationwide.
- Dorothy Carolina, Ph.D., M.S.N., R.N.
- (973) 761-9713
Loading MSN in Nursing Administration and Executive Nurse Leadership...