Board Leadership Training – October 14 and 21, 2016
- Experts in board governance will explore key issues for the development of effective nonprofit boards.
- This course will introduce the roles and responsibilities of serving on a nonprofit board to individuals who have not yet joined a board, and also enhance the knowledge of those currently serving as a board member.
- Topics include: roles and responsibilities, advocacy, budgeting oversight, fundraising and resource development, sustainability and viability, shared leadership and setting strategic direction.
Financial Management Training - October 28 and November 4, 2016
- Financial, accounting and fundraising professionals will present essential topics on financial management for nonprofit organizations with an emphasis on maximizing limited resources.
- This course is ideal for those who are new to financial management in a nonprofit organization, and also reinforce the knowledge of those currently working in nonprofit organizations.
- Topics include: budgeting, interpreting financial statements, endowments, the audit process, financial transparency and developing sound policies.