Business Etiquette for Professionals
Call 973-761-9087 or e-mail CEPS@shu.edu for new dates and times.
Do I introduce my boss to the client or the client to my boss?
Should I order alcohol at a business luncheon?
How do I handle rude behavior in the workplace without responding in kind?
This three-hour workshop will help you acquire the skills you need to be recognized as a confident, poised, and effective leader.
Knowledge of business protocol and etiquette is a necessary business skill for the 21st Century. It is the foundation for building effective relationships, creating a productive workplace, and managing conflict.
- The Six Basic Principles of Business Etiquette
- Techno-Etiquette and Social Media
- Making the Most of the Business Meal
- Best Practices for Nurturing Key Business Relationships
- The Leadership Presence
- Resolving Conflict with Grace and Skill
This workshop will help you to:
- Recognize and to avoid workplace blunders
- Present yourself with confidence and authority
- Gain the skills and knowledge that you need to address key business situations
- Learn strategies for the written and unwritten rules of business behavior
Following the workshop you will:
- Have a foundation for leadership, building relationships, and exercising good judgment in the workplace
This course is designed for professional adults who are already in the business world or who desire to transition into the business world.
Doris Young Boyer is an expert in global business protocol and etiquette. She helps people avoid unintentional and preventable blunders and missteps so they can navigate business and social situations with confidence and success. Ms. Boyer provides keynote speeches, seminars and executive coaching to global corporations and associations.
She is co-author of Mastering the Art of Success with Les Brown, Jack Canfield, and Mark Victor Hansen and a popular guest on radio and television shows. Doris Young Boyer writes several columns on protocol and etiquette and has been featured in newspapers and magazines.
Ms. Boyer is CEO of A Sense of Grace Global Protocol, a professional development and consulting company which provides leadership, communication and protocol skills and strategies to professionals worldwide. Ms. Boyer also provides leadership and protocol training to emerging teen leaders.
For further information, please contact us at (973) 761-9087 or e-mail: CEPS@shu.edu