Welcome to SHU! The steps below are to assist you in the financial aid process as you transfer to SHU.
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). If a FAFSA has already been filed, update your current FAFSA online at studentaid.gov using your FSA ID and add SHU's school code (002632). If you need a FSA ID, you may obtain one at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.
- If you are a New Jersey resident, make sure Seton Hall University is associated with your profile with HESAA (Higher Education Student Assistance Authority).
- If you are receiving a private scholarship, contact the donor of the scholarship and notify them that you will be attending SHU.
- SHU will receive your FAFSA information after your online FAFSA has been filed (or updated) to include SHU.
- After you have been admitted, an Award Package will be made available to you if a FAFSA form has been completed and received.
- Accept/Deny your awards on PirateNet. You will receive access after you have paid your tuition deposit. Check your PirateNet often for any changes to your award package.
- Submit required financial aid documents. Review required documents on your PirateNet account under the "my info" tab.
- If you will use student loans, complete the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory note at www.studentaid.gov.
- Submit a Loan Adjustment Form if you were awarded freshman level loans and after transfer credit evaluation you are now considered an upperclassman.