Cybersecurity professionals work on the front lines to keep everything from our bank accounts to top military secrets safe. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the world has increasingly conducted business, shopping, education and other communications virtually. The result: an explosion of highly paid jobs and new career paths in this often overlooked industry.
In New Jersey alone, there are over 15,000 available jobs in the cybersecurity industry, and more than 714,000 positions available nationwide. Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 33 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations. Jobs are available to students from a wide range of academic disciplines.*
The third annual New Jersey Cybersecurity Connect-Collaborate-Careers conference will connect students and university faculty and administrators with cybersecurity business leaders. It is open to New Jersey’s higher education communities and cybersecurity industries. Registration is free, but required.
Register here »
Seton Hall University is proud to offer a wealth of academic programs, events and resources to prepare students for a successful career in cybersecurity and to further strengthen this in-demand skillset among experienced professionals. Learn more about Seton Hall's cybersecurity programs, including the new Cybersecurity for Professionals in National Security and Corporate Intelligence course.
Schedule at a Glance
- 9 – 9:15 a.m. Conference Kickoff
- Opening Remarks by Susan Scherreik, Director, Center of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and Shajina Anand, Assistant Professor of Cybersecurity
- Introductory Remarks by Katia Passerini, Provost, Seton Hall University
- Welcome Remarks by Brian Bridges, Secretary of Higher Education, NJ Office of the Secretary of Higher Education
- 9:15 – 9:50 a.m. Keynote Address
- Introduction of Keynote Speaker by Joyce Strawser, Dean, Stillman School of Business
- Keynote Address by Bhanu Sareddy, Chief Customer Officer, Cybereason
- 10 – 10:50 a.m.
- Panel 1: Preparing for a Career in Cybersecurity
- 11 – 11:50 a.m.
- Panel 2: Diversity Employment in Cybersecurity: Opportunities for Women and Minorities
- 12 – 12:30 p.m.
- Lunch and Networking
- 12:30 – 1:20 p.m.
- Panel 3: Day in a Life: What’s it like to work in cybersecurity?
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Panel 4: Student Presentations
- 2:30 – 3 p.m.
- Wrap-up and Networking
View full agenda and speaker bios »
Please email Susan Scherreik-Hynes.
Thank you to our 2022 sponsor: