Education policy expert Daniel Katz discusses the positive aspects of the state's conditional veto to the educative Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA) to assess teacher certification.
In The Media
Seton Hall faculty are regularly featured in national and international media outlets for their academic expertise and ground-breaking research in a wide variety of subjects, including business, diplomacy and international relations, theology, education, science, arts and humanities, communication, law, healthcare, government and politics.
Below is a sampling of recent media coverage.
Alumnus Bill Field reflects on the recent Gala to Inaugurate the Center for Sports Media, as well as his time as an undergraduate at the University.
Renowned anchor and producer Robin Roberts was honored with Lifetime Professional Achievement Award at the Center for Sports Media Inaugural Gala.
Pirates men's basketball Head Coach Shaheen Holloway '00 took a path that ultimately led him back to where he belongs, home at Seton Hall.
International monetary expert Martin Edwards discusses the opening of the United Nations General Assembly and how economic aftershocks of COVID-19 plus inflation have made it harder for many countries to service their debt.
Derek Martinez, an assistant vice president in enrollment services, is featured in the NJ Business magazine's article about how New Jersey higher education institutions are attracting out-of-state students.
ROI-NJ selected Susan Scherreik, founding director of Seton Hall's Center of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, as one of the top 10 entrepreneurship education leaders in the state.
Professor Daniel Katz discusses policies and procedures to consider around equity for Pre-K through Grade12 school funding, especially for the most vulnerable.
On the Feast of St. Lawrence, the patron saint of the diaconate, Deacon Andrew Saunders (director of the Diaconal Formation Program at the Seminary) spoke about the permanent diaconate, the Church's discernment process for potential deacons and how deacons serve the Church.
Jane McManus, executive director of the Center for Sports Media, discusses DeShaun Watson's suspension and the Washington Commanders Dan Snyder workplace investigation.
Members of the media should contact the Office of Media Relations at (973) 378-2638 for inquiries and assistance in providing faculty experts.
Press inquiries after hours may be directed to
Associate Director of Media Relations
MEDIA BY SCHOOL
- October 05: A Jewish View of Contemporary Ideas of the Trinity
- October 05: Diplomacy Student interns at a Big Four Consulting firm in New Zealand
- October 04: Buccino Leadership Student Assists at Fall Fashion Week
- September 30: "Remembering Gorby: M. Gorbachev’s Triumphs and Tragedies"
- September 30: Fall 2022 Esports Season Kick-Off
- September 30: Diplomacy Thought Leaders Featured in AP, CNBC and CGTN
- September 30: Jane Cohen Joins School of Diplomacy
- September 30: History Professor Publishes Short Stories in NER, More
- September 30: Intercessory Prayer in the Mennonite and Catholic Traditions
- September 29: Professor Goldfrank joins the Buccino Leadership Institute