The Sexual Assault and Violence Education (SAVE) team is identified as a group of selected students, staff, and faculty who are dedicated to educating others about intimate partner violence and its effect on individuals and the community. SAVE team members have attended specialized trainings to prepare them for educating their community and promoting knowledge of important resources on and off campus. All student team members are Peer Educators, who work together to accomplish the following goals:
- To organize programs on issues related to sexual assault and violence prevention.
- To provide SAVE presentations to campus community groups upon request.
- To promote accurate facts, debunk myths, and provide education to others on topics such as survivor’s rights and resources for discussing or reporting incidents.
- Will maintain a survivor-centered approach.
- To work as a team player in supporting the national mission toward prevention of sexual violence.
For immediate help, guidance, or support please contact SAVE of Essex County at 877-733-CARE (2273). Additional information on Rape Care »
Guide to staying safe on campus. Learn more »
Interested in becoming a member of the SAVE team? Apply now »
Interested in attending a SAVE program? Learn more »
Download our brochure: Myths, Facts, and Helpful Information. Education is the Key to Prevention.