Student Disability Awareness (SDA), formerly known as the Student Abilities Association, is a newly established, student-run organization that strives to reach out, connect, and support SHU students with and without disabilities.
Founded in 2008 by undergraduate student, Kerry Magro, SDA's membership continues to grow year after year. SDA became an accredited student organization and earned its first operating budget through the Student Government Association (SGA) in the Spring of 2010.
It is SDA's mission to:
- Promote acceptance and inclusion of and for students with disabilities on Seton Hall's campus
- Host informational programming for members and non members
- Participate in community outreach and service
- Connect and network with other students across majors, programs and concentrations
- Increase involvement and improve leadership skills
- Encourage personal growth and increase effective communication
SDA is the first - and only - disability awareness-raising organization at Seton Hall. Now is your time to be a part of something great!
If you would like to learn more about supporting and getting involved with Student Disability Awareness please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.