Summer 2013 Financial Aid eligibility criteria
- Students may not receive loans if they are ONLY registered for an
intersession. The length of the session is too short and therefore does
NOT qualify to receive a disbursement of funds. You may combine an
intersession with a summer session.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in a minimum of six (6) credit
hours. Audited credit hours cannot be counted as eligible hours.
- Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of three (3) credit
hours. Please note that courses must be graduate credit courses. As a
graduate student undergraduate courses will not meet degree
requirements and cannot be included in meeting the minimum required
hours. Audited credit hours cannot be counted as e ligible hours.
- Failure to enroll in at least the minimum credit hours required
will result in the cancellation of your financial aid.
- Students whose admit date is Fall 2013 that are permitted to take
classes during the Summer 2013 term will not qualify for summer
The Office of Financial Aid must receive your Summer 2013 financial
Aid Application by May 1, 2013. You must meet
all of the following criteria for your application to be
- You must have a 2012 - 2013 Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA) on file. Seton Hall University’s school code is 002632 -
- You must officially enroll in an eligible program to be considered
- You must be a matriculated Seton Hall University student.
- Before you can be considered for summer financial aid, you must be
making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Your SAP status will be
reviewed prior to summer aid consideration.
- You must be a U.S citizen or eligible non - citizen to qualify for
federal financial aid.
- Eligible borrowers for the Federal Direct Plus Loan and Alternative
Student Loans may borrow up to the cost of attendance, less any
financial assistance awarded for the loan period to meet the education
costs of dependent students.
- If requesting the Federal Pell Grant or a Federal Di rect Loan, you
must have remaining Pell and/or Federal Direct Loan eligibility as of
the end of the Spring 2013 semester. See the chart below for the
maximum annual Direct Loan limits.
the Summer Financial Aid Application »
Maximum Annual Direct Loan Limits
|Maximum Annual subsidized Eligibility
|Maximum Annual Unsubsidized Eligibility