Every student is required to submit a health history and proof of immunizations. This data is entered online in the Student Health Portal. Login with your PirateNet credentials. Instructions are provided within the portal and additional instruction is available here »
All students under the age of 31 years are required to submit documentation of immunization.
Guidelines are established based on New Jersey law (NJAC 8:57-6), Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) guidelines, American College Health Association (ACHA) guidelines, and University policies.
- Measles vaccination: proof of two doses after age one and thirty days apart, or laboratory proof of immunity.
- Mumps vaccination: proof of two doses or laboratory immunity.
- Rubella vaccination: proof of two doses or laboratory proof of immunity.
- Hepatitis B vaccine: if enrolled in 12 or more credits: proof of three doses.
- Tetanus vaccine within past ten years.
- Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine (ACWY) for students living on campus. (Required to have one vaccine after age 16)
Immunization Recommendations (Not Required)
- Varicella (Chicken pox)
- Human Papillomavirus
- Hepatitis A
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia/for high risk groups)
- Meningitis B (for students living on campus)
For information regarding specific vaccines, please visit here »
Contact the Health Service at (973) 761-9175 for additional information.