Aquinas Hall is a co-ed residence hall housing approximately 440 students on three floors. Aquinas Hall offers suite-style rooms that consist of 2 bedrooms sharing 1 bathroom. Each suite houses 4-5 people of the same gender. Each room has its own heating/cooling unit (see below for room dimensions and amenities). Aquinas Hall is part of the COMPASS (Collaborative Opportunities to Mature Personally, Academically, Socially and Spiritually) Program.
Aquinas Professional Staff »
Aquinas Hall Amenities
- 24-hour Security Desk
- Social and study lounges are available for students on each of the three floors.
- A game room with a pool table, foosball, air-hockey and big screen TV.
- 3 laundry rooms (one on each floor) with 3 washers and 3 dryers in each laundry room. You may use quarters or Pirates Gold.
- Vending (soda and snacks) is located on the second floor by the main entrance.
- 24-hour study lounge is available for students on each of the four floors.
- Aquinas TIRs are available to assist you with your schoolwork throughout the academic year.
You can contact the Aquinas Hall front desk at (973) 761-9566 or email AquinasHall@shu.edu, 24 hours a day, during the academic year.
Aquinas Hall Rooms
All rooms in our Residence Hall are:
- fully furnished
- Wi-Fi for networking to the University's main computer system and to the Internet
- Cable TV including HBO, ESPN, and MTV is FREE to all residents.
All rooms feature:
Aquinas Hall Community
- Single and bunk able beds
- Desks and chairs
- Wardrobe / closets
There are many ways to get involved and become part of the Aquinas Hall Community. Our staff offers numerous programs that encourage our residents’ involvement, growth and development. Aquinas Hall Council is great way to get involved and make a difference in your hall community, as well as contribute to its improvement. Remember to ask your RA how to get involved.
Here is what some former residents of Aquinas had to say about their living experience in AQ!
in Aquinas has been a wonderful experience. The students, the staff, and the
events have made living in this hall extremely memorable."
is a beautiful hall! I was so excited when I first realized I was going to live
here. The lounges are nice and the staff is great! "
"When I go home to my parents, I catch myself
telling them I need to go home;I love Aquinas Hall."
"Living in AQ is like living with a
family, it always feels like I am walking into my home!"
"A great living &learning
community. Perfect for your first time away from home!"