Where Student Housing at SHU Meets the Real World!
324 Valley Street
South Orange, NJ 07079
Ora Manor houses approximately 103 upperclassmen in apartment-style housing that is owned and operated by Seton Hall University’s Housing & Residence Life. Ora Manor is about 2 miles from the South Orange campus. In the heart of South Orange Village, Ora Manor is within walking distance of grocery stores, banks, restaurants, pharmacies, the South Orange Train Station, and the South Orange Performing Arts Center and Clearview Cinemas among others. Parking Services runs a shuttle called SHUFLY which offers transportation to and from campus in addition to all of the above locations and the area mall. SHUFLY is free to all resident students.
Ora Manor Professional Staff »
Ora Manor and Turrell Manor Residents’ Guide »
Ora Manor Parking Application »
Residence Hall Director Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Work Cell: (973) 735-4507
On-Campus Phone Number: (973) 275-2297
Resident Assistant Office
Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
RA On Duty Cell: (973) 495-6645
Ora Manor Amenities
- 2 bedroom/3 person furnished apartment (1 single, 1 double)
- 1 full bathroom/Kitchen/Living Room
- 3 bedroom/5 person furnished apartment (1 single,2 doubles)
- 1 ½ bathrooms/Kitchen/Living Room
- “C” rooms have ½ bathroom
- Cable& Internet is included in the Ora Manor Housing Rate. Students may contact Verizon to connect landline phone service if they wish.
- Furnishings include: Stove, Refrigerator, Kitchen table/chairs, and Living Room Sofa and Chairs
- All apartments have wall-to-wall carpeting. Some apartments have a balcony/patio
- Laundry facilities and a large community room with a large screen television are located in the basement.
- A Security Guard provides lobby presence from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. each day and security completes routine daily walk-throughs.
- Multiple security cameras monitoring various areas of the building and parking lot.
Ora Manor Policies
- Smoking not permitted anywhere inside the building. Smoking is not allowed on balconies or outside stairwells. You must be 25 feet away from the building when smoking.
- Ora Manor is open for its residents during academic breaks! Registration through the "My Housing" module is required.
- Parking is limited, therefore it can not be guaranteed. On site parking is available for roughly 50 residents who apply and are approved for permits. Other students are encouraged to carpool with their apartment mates and friends or utilize the SHUFLY shuttle.
- Guest Parking Permits are provided to residents who have guests visiting them. Permits are to be obtained through the Resident Assistant on duty after 8:30 p.m. and prior to midnight. Each resident is permitted 30 guest permits per semester.