In our efforts to continually find ways to improve and expedite our SafeRide program the Department of Public Safety is introducing a new mobile application, TapRide.
TapRide will allow you to request a ride directly from your smart phone, it has been used by other universities with great success. Simply download the app from iTunes or Google play.
Follow the log in procedure using your SHU user name and ID then you will be ready to request a ride.
Read The Setonian article for more about TapRide »
- Please make sure your phone’s location is turned on.
- Select SUBMIT A RIDE.
- You will see your location, select it for your pick up point, remember you must be within the SafeRide Zone, Select NEXT.
- You will see CHOOSE DROPOFF LOCATION, select a location within the Zone, then select NEXT.
- Choose HOW MANY PASSENGERS in your party. The default is 1, the maximum number is 6. If more than 6 an additional rider must request the ride from the same location for the remainder of the riders. Then select SUBMIT RIDE.
- “WAITING FOR DRIVER” will appear on your screen.
- The drivers are equipped with mobile tablets and will instantaneously receive the request.
- When the driver accepts your request you will receive this message: YOUR RIDE IS ON THE WAY.
- Once the driver accepts the request you will see a visual track of the vehicle as it responds to your location.
- The hours of operation remain the same, 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. daily.
- If you are having trouble connecting you still may call for ride by dialing (973) 761-7550.
- The quickest way to get a ride is to use TapRide.
- Wait times will vary depending on the number of requests in the queue.