Mailing Label/List Guidelines is provided as a resource to departments, employees and officially recognized University groups or organizations for obtaining employee mailing labels/lists for officially authorized Seton Hall University business. The Department of Human Resources is responsible for providing labels/lists for University employees. Requests for labels/list related to students are handled by Enrollment Services.
- For the purpose of this policy, officially authorized Seton Hall University business will consist of mailings pertaining to University events, publications, surveys, etc. Labels/Lists will not be generated for use by external parties.
- Requests for labels/lists should be submitted on the “Mailing Label/List Request Form” (copy attached).
- Requests for labels/lists should be approved by the appropriate dean or department head prior to submitting to the Department of Human Resources. Forms that are received without appropriate signatures will be returned to the requestor.
- Requests for labels/lists should be submitted one week prior to the date they are needed by.
- The Department of Human Resources will notify the requestor via e-mail or telephone when the mailing labels/lists can be picked up from Human Resources. Labels will be released only to Seton Hall University employees with a valid ID card.
- Special requests for labels/lists based on factors such as race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status will be reviewed individually by the Associate Vice President of Human Resources. The review is to insure that the material(s) to be distributed are in compliance with University, State and Federal regulations. Human Resources will not honor requests that are not in compliance.
- Human Resources data are the property of the University and represent official University records. In accepting access to this data, you have accepted full responsibility for its proper use, security, and disposal. Excess labels/lists should be shredded to prevent accidental or erroneous use.
- Mailing labels may only be used for the purpose for which they were created and is limited to one-time use only.
Mailing Labels Request Form
Required form to be completed and signed in order to request mailing labels from Human Resources.