Office of Student Employment

FAQ's for Supervisors


Who is eligible to work?
Graduate and Undergraduate students registered at least half-time in a matriculating program. Here at Seton hall half-time for Undergraduate students is 6 credits and half-time for Graduate students is 5 credits.

When can a student start working? 
Students are not permitted to begin working until they have received the official confirmation e-mail from the Student Employment Office.This e-mail is generated and automatically sent once their paperwork has been processed and given access to the Kronos system to complete a timesheet. Processed and eligible students will be listed in Kronos.You may also check the status of the hiring proposal by logging into PeopleAdmin. Students are prohibited from working prior to the processing of the hiring proposal and receiving final approval.Violation of this policy will result in the loss of Federal Work Study funding eligibility.

What types of Student Employment are available?
There are four types of Student Employment: Federal Work Study, University Funded, Community Services, and Job Location and Development.

Can a student have more than one position on campus?
No.  Students are permitted to have one position only. 

Can a Graduate Assistant accept additional work outside of their GA contract?
No. Provost-approved Graduate Assistantships are contracted for 20 hours per week and these are considered their one and only position allowed.

How many hours can a student work? 
Students may work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year. During the periods of Christmas Break, Spring Break and summer, students may work up to 29 hours per week.

How may I obtain blank I-9 forms?
You can download the form here »

How may I obtain access to Peopleadmin?
You may request access to PeopleAdmin by visiting to request access.

How do I post open work study positions?
You may post open work study positions by accessing the PeopleAdmin Student Employment Database here »

Where do I complete the hiring proposal?
To hire a student, Supervisors must complete the hiring proposal in the PeopleAdmin Student Employment Database here »

Where do I approve student timesheets?
All student timesheets are approved electronically through the Kronos system located on your PirateNet page, under the Offices and Services tab, Human Resources »

Contact Us

Office of Student Employment
(973) 275-2322
(973) 761-9085
Bayley Hall


Sign In to PirateNet