A new practice simulation to help you become comfortable identifying, assisting, and referring to our counseling center students in psychological distress.
This course will assist you in learning and/or reviewing basic strategies for identifying, approaching, and referring students who experience mental distress, and becoming better prepared to act if you notice a student in distress. It will provide you with the skills and confidence to handle similar situations in real life and in continuing to take an important role in making our school a safe and enjoyable environment.
Short instructions on how to log on and access the program
- To view course go to http://www.kognitocampus.com/faculty
- Click Access Training
- You will see two boxes: New User and Existing User
- If you are a New User please create your account by filling in all your information and please use you the enrollment key: shu48
- If you stop and want to come back to complete the course, choose Existing User and just fill in your SHU email address and your self-selected password
- After filling out the form, the program will open and you can start the course
The entire program lasts approximately 45 minutes and can be completed over multiple sittings, as the course saves your progress along the way.
After completing the program you will have an opportunity to print out a certificate of completion for the course and you will be invited to participate in a survey
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
Thank you for helping create a safe and supportive environment for yourself, your colleagues and our students.