FIRST YEAR FOUNDATIONS OF LEADERSHIP
A six week, cohort style program for first year students to connect to each other
and develop essential leadership skills. The program uses the Leadership Practices Inventory as a bases for self assessment.
Each week students will explore various leadership concepts through interactive
activities and reflection.There are three different session times to accommodate
a variety of schedules. Register for this program at >> https://setonhall.formstack.com/forms/firstyearfoundations
Fall 2015: All sessions will be held between Sept 28 and Nov 10
Choose from Mondays 3:30 to 4:45, Tuesdays 3:30 to 4:45, or Fridays 12:00p.m. - 1:15p.m.
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
This is a flexible, workshop based program that aims to develop participant's
leadership skills as it pertains to their role in an organization (student or
professional). The program is open to ALL STUDENTS, regardless of campus
involvement, and can be completed in as little as one semester or as long as
two years. Students will attend 3 core workshops and 3 elective workshops which
will each be offered multiple times per year to allow for maximum flexibility.
Register for this program at >> https://setonhall.formstack.com/forms/olp
All workshops will be held in the FACULTY LOUNGE on the 2nd Floor of the University Center.
- Friday, September 18 | 11:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. | Introduction to Leadership Practices Inventory*
- Wednesday, September 23 | 3:30p.m. - 4:30p.m. |Stages of Group Development*
- Tuesday, October 6 | 3:30p.m. - 4:30p.m. | Facilitation Skills
- Friday, October 9 | 11:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. | Introduction to Organizational Leadership*
- Thursday, October 22| 3:30p.m. - 4:30p.m. | Introduction to Leadership Practices Inventory*
- Friday, October 30 | 11:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. | Power Dynamics
- Tuesday, November 3 | 3:30p.m. - 4:30p.m. | Running an Effective Meeting
- Tuesday, November 3 | 7:00p.m. - 8:00p.m. | Creating Change
- Wednesday, November 11 | 3:30p.m. - 4:30p.m. | Modern Masculinity
- Friday, November 13 | 11:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. | Goal Setting and Measuring Success
- Tuesday, November 17 | 3:30p.m. - 4:30p.m. | Power Dynamics
- Tuesday, December 1 | 3:30p.m. - 4:30p.m. | Stages of Group Development *
- Friday, December 4 | 11:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. | Decision Making
Student Leadership Conference | MARCH 19, 2016 | All core requirements will be offered, as well as many electives.
LEADERSHIP FELLOWS PROGRAM
This is an invitation only pilot program that will be facilitated and managed by a
committee of administrators responsible for leadership development on campus.
Students will meet once per month with Deans and outside guests for discussion
and reflection. The goal of this program is to invite highly involved, senior
student leaders to begin to transition their Seton Hall experience into their future
roles as leaders in the professional world. E-mail Maggie Bach at email@example.com for more information.