Thursday, March 16, 2023
On Monday, March 20th between 7-8 a.m., the Department of Information Technology will deploy the newest version of Banner for General, Human Resources, and Finance self-service applications. While we do not anticipate any disruption to Banner services during the upgrade, users may experience a brief interruption in system navigation as we implement the new Banner menus.
Self-Service Banner Home
You will continue to log into Self-Service Banner through PirateNet using your Seton Hall credentials. While the upgraded version of Banner features the same or similar functionality as the previous Banner 8 version, you will notice changes to Self-Service Banner Home. Self-Service Banner’s interface has been modernized to offer easier navigation and a more intuitive user experience.
Navigating Self-Service Banner 9
In addition to the new look of Self-Service Banner, users will now navigate between applications in a different way. The new Banner menu is located next to the Seton Hall University logo at the top of each self-service application page.
New Banner Menu Icon
Click on the Banner menu icon (four-square icon) to expand the full navigation bar, as shown below.
|New Banner Menu (Four-Square Icon) Expands the Full Navigation Bar|
Return to Self-Service Banner Home
If you would like to return to Self-Service Banner Home from a specific Self-Service Banner 9 application (e.g. Employee Dashboard), click on the Banner menu icon again, then select “Return to Self-Service Banner Home.”
|Return to Self-Service Banner Home Menu Option|
Self-Service Banner 8 Navigation
While most applications will be upgraded to Banner 9, some will remain in the Banner 8 version. If you find yourself in Banner 8 and want to navigate back to Self-Service Banner Home, click one of the tabs at the top of the page (e.g. Personal Information), then click on the “Return to Self-Service Banner” menu option.
|Self-Service Banner 8 Version with a Return to Self-Service Banner Home option|
New Features and Functionality
In addition to Banner’s improved interface for easier navigation, Self-Service Banner 9 offers users new features to allow for quicker access to information and streamlined processes.
- Mobile Functionality: Complete a range of tasks from your tablet or mobile device with Self-Service Banner’s new mobile functionality.
- Enhanced Browser Support: Access Self-Service Banner from your preferred browser.
- New Employee Dashboard: Quickly view your personal, employment and job-related information.
- Employees will now enter time under My Activities in their employee dashboard. For detailed instructions on how to enter time, visit: https://www.shu.edu/human-resources/time-and-attendance-training.cfm
- For questions about the new Employee Dashboard or time entry instructions, email email@example.com.
|New Employee Dashboard|
- My Finance Query: Budget managers and existing Self-Service Finance users will benefit from quick views of spend analysis. Users will be able to save favorite queries and share queries for collaboration.
- All “saved queries” built in SSB8 will be automatically displayed on the new SSB9 Finance Dashboard for existing users.
- For questions about the new version of My Finance or to schedule training, email Banner_Finance@shu.edu.
|My Finance Query Dashboard|
The upgrade to Self-Service Banner 9 aligns with Seton Hall University’s commitment to increasing efficiency and delivering an enhanced experience for students, faculty and employees. Should you experience any issues or require assistance during the transition, please contact the Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 275-2222.
Categories: Science and Technology